Edit toolbar appears at the top of the contents window (as in the picture below).
Here is the use of individual buttons on the Edit toolbar:
- Menu (Alt+F10) - open the contents menu otherwise available with right-click over the contents window
- Branch menu - open a subset processing menu with operations on the currently selected branch (same as Process branch> on the contents menu available with a right-click)
- Element align - align the contents window with the element window for convenient review of elements in the contents window (note that Synchronize button must be down for the element window to be updated as the selection moves in the contents window)
- Contents align - open a second contents window and align both windows for convenient drag-and-drop operations
- Find string (Ctrl+F) - search for a string in the currently selected branch
- Collapse branch (Ctrl+Alt+Enter) - collapse the parent of the currently selected element (to easily fold the whole knowledge tree displayed in the contents window)
- Postpone - delay outstanding repetitions in the selected branch
- Save - save expanded knowledge tree nodes to a text file (optionally, branch statistics can be included as well)
- Info - display node statistics of the currently selected element
- Hook - make the currently selected node the hook of the currently selected category. This way all elements added with Add new (Alt+A) will be children of the selected node
- Synchronize - display elements in the element window upon changing the selection in the contents window
- Find element - selects the element currently displayed in the element window. You will not need this button if the Synchronize button (above) is down (the element window will always display the currently selected element)
- Element type combo box - select the default type of elements added to the knowledge tree. If you choose Topics, the button Add will keep adding topics. Items will add items.